Forums

ChristiansForCannabis.com :: Forums :: general :: frequently asked questions

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
I adhere to a Baptist/Reform Theology. Oh-oh...
Moderators: c4cadmin, jini
Author Post
homo fumans
Wed Sep 26 2007, 07:56
Registered Member #615
And my name says it all, to some of you, anyway. But it's no joke. My issue is not whether to recreate or not. And, yes, I have prayed for release from my affliction. His answer seems to be "Not now". My affliction? I perceive frank disrespect from my children daily, and from my wife weekly, by her estimation. I perceive it is their intention to prod me to lose my composure by this means. I perceive that they regularly use and then misplace my possessions, i.e. keys, etc. I suspect this is deliberate, or at best merely grossly negligent provocation, most of the time. I can't remember dates, names and numbers, and the havoc this causes is a display (or so it seems to me) for all to see of my ineptitude as father, husband, spiritual leader, not to mention person. My anxiety over finding myself in situations like these has caused me to withdraw from my family more and more over time, as I obsess over how I can avoid my nearly inevitable reaction...instantaneous hideous rage. I bellow (scream), curse, menace (by invading their personal space), and slam (things), sometimes break things, and stomp around like a bull in a china shop.
OK, I know this is far longer than appropriate, and I’m sorry, but PLEASE hear me out...There is no one but my wife out there to help. Oh yeah, the kicker is...the disrespect is mostly imaginary. No one is intentionally provoking me. It is I who loses my things. (I do have ADHD). The point is that out of desperation to escape the feelings of worthlessness and self-loathing, I took and smoked some pot offered by a friend. I had tried it as a teen, and thought, "Oh well, it can't really get worse than this." I took measures to conceal my altered state from my wife, mints, eye drops, etc. But she knew something was different. The "paranoia" abated. The screaming stopped. I sensed no "emotional attacks" or provocations from my long suffering, beloved children and wife. I stopped freaking out about lost items and instead calmly searched them out. No more recriminations. No more cursing. This was not at all what I expected. A cure for my "craziness"? But it is illegal! Maybe people, maybe people DIED to bring it to me, or trying to stop me from getting it! The ethical ramifications are staggering. But I will not give up my newly found, here-to-for unsuspected sanity, and so intend to become self-sufficient. But I feel I don't have a scriptural leg to stand on. My wife, eldest daughter and I are unanimous in our belief that I have found my "cure" and understand it's prohibition for what it is: not merely useless and incredibly foolish, but heartless, even ruthless, and immoral. I pray someone in this forum with more wisdom than I can show me how to resolve the contradictions from a biblical perspective. I am in agony over this. And I can live with un-resolved contradictions. But I will not subject my family to my "crazy” self again. And I thank you in advance for your kind consideration.
JeffL
Thu Sep 27 2007, 06:26
Registered Member #11
Welcome Home, Brother!

It's the Brazen Bull.

as long as you think pot is sinful in the Eyes of God, don't use it. Scripture concludes "he who doubts is damned if he eats"

why is one damned? because he doesn't acknowledge God.

so stay True to your conscience. In time, The Word of God will wash your conscience clean, and heal the scars of years of the doubtful disputations and old wives tales, if you desire to be near the Word of God, and desire to know Truth.

THe Word of God is Truth. It doesn't change.

about the keys, you're wife IS hiding your keys, so she can tell your kids that is the long-term effects of smoking pot, so that they won't smoke pot. You should oblige her by telling your kids, She's never smoked pot, and make sure she never loses HER keys...
and then through the lie good will come, like pot prohibition, right?

God is a Spirit, and if we are to worship Him, we are to worship Him in Spirit, AND in Truth.

everybody who is not familliar has a reason on why pot's not good, and it's never the one they said to make it illegal; and that lie was, and is, that it's "deadly with no medical value."

God don't make laws based on lies, that's a tyranny.

this particular little devil of a Tyranny is afflicting an American family every 40 seconds, at least.

is complacency a sin? Am I my Brother's keeper?

Yes, yes I am my Brother's keeper, so I gotta get em out of the criminal justice system

Welcome Home! I study with a lot of Baptist material. Treat Pot like you do Alcohol, the principles are the same; except when you use pot right, drunkenness isn't an issue.

look around the site, you will see plenty of the same questions and concerns here that you can't really discuss with the Choir.

But GOd still judges according to the Truth.

[ Edited Tue Mar 03 2009, 11:07 ]

The LORD is my strength, I will not faint from exhaustion.
JeffL
Tue Mar 10 2009, 10:10
Registered Member #11
Three hours after the last conference, the Emperor sent him a safe-conduct for twenty-one days, but prohibited him from writing or preaching on the way. Luther returned thanks, and declared that his only aim was to bring about a reformation of the Church through the Scriptures, and that he was ready to suffer all for the Emperor and the empire, provided only he was permitted to confess and teach the word of God. This was his last word to the imperial commissioners. With a shake of hands they took leave of each other, never to meet again in this world.

in essentials, unity. In nonessentials, liberty.

God Bless,
Jeff Lucas
[link]

mark
Thu Mar 12 2009, 07:26
Registered Member #561
Exactly. Solus Christus.
Phaedrus
Tue Sep 29 2009, 06:26
Registered Member #1049
Luke 11:45-52
Then look into why marijuana is illegal. You will see that god frowns upon the prohibitionists. You are right to smoke. Marijuana has more applications and fewer effects than most prescription drugs. Don't let yourself be fooled by prohibitionists into thinking it is evil!
JeffL
Sat Oct 03 2009, 09:47
Registered Member #11
our Government is forcing us to do stuff God said don't do. We have a First Amendment, but they will not give us it's protections. They lie to us when they say the we have religious freedom in America. They force us to disobey God... or try to anyway.

Most Christians claim to believe the Bible is the final, infallible source of authority and Truth in matters pertaining to the Christian Faith. But I kind of think they're only fooling themselves. They say they do, but when it's time to walk the walk, they cherry pick their passages to reassure their own selfish will, not submitted to the Head who is Christ. The following passages are clearly stated to instruct in the matters of food and drink, and prohibitions of such.
No Christian will be innocent in their support or complacency with the war on drugs, God has already told us what the fate of those will be in the following passages If they choose to reject the teachings instructions and guidance presented in the following passages, then they also in Truth reject Christ. If they really believed their Bible was their guide in life, then they wouldn't reject the teachings presented in the following passages.

Titus 1:15-
-All is pure to those who are pure. But to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their minds and consciences are corrupted. They profess to know God but with their deeds they deny him, since they are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for any good deed.

Colossians 2:16 - Therefore do not let anyone judge you with respect to food or drink, or in the matter of a feast, new moon, or Sabbath days – these are only the shadow of the things to come, but the reality is Christ! Let no one who delights in humility and the worship of angels pass judgment on you.
-That person goes on at great lengths about what he has supposedly seen, but he is puffed up with empty notions by his fleshly mind. He has not held fast to the head from whom the whole body, supported and knit together through its ligaments and sinews, grows with a growth that is from God.

Colossians 2:20 If you have died with Christ to the elemental spirits of the world, why do you submit to them as though you lived in the world? “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!” These are all destined to perish with use, founded as they are on human commands and teachings.
Even though they have the appearance of wisdom with their self-imposed worship and false humility achieved by an unsparing treatment of the body – a wisdom with no true value – they in reality result in fleshly indulgence.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the later times some will desert the faith and occupy themselves with deceiving spirits and demonic teachings, influenced by the hypocrisy of liars whose consciences are seared. They will prohibit marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For every creation of God is good and no food is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving. For it is sanctified by God’s word and by prayer.
By pointing out such things to the brothers and sisters, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, having nourished yourself on the words of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.

2 Peter 2:1-
But false prophets arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. These false teachers will infiltrate your midst with destructive heresies, even to the point of denying the Master who bought them. As a result, they will bring swift destruction on themselves. And many will follow their debauched lifestyles. Because of these false teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation pronounced long ago is not sitting idly by; their destruction is not asleep.
2 Peter 2:15-
By forsaking the right path they have gone astray, because they followed the way of Balaam son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness, yet was rebuked for his own transgression (a dumb donkey, speaking with a human voice, restrained the prophet’s madness).
These men are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm, for whom the utter depths of darkness have been reserved. For by speaking high-sounding but empty words they are able to entice, with fleshly desires and with debauchery, people who have just escaped from those who reside in error.

Jude 1:10-
But these men do not understand the things they slander, and they are being destroyed by the very things that, like irrational animals, they instinctively comprehend. Woe to them! For they have traveled down Cain’s path, and because of greed have abandoned themselves to Balaam’s error; hence, they will certainly perish in Korah’s rebellion. These men are dangerous reefs at your love feasts, feasting without reverence, feeding only themselves. They are waterless clouds, carried along by the winds; autumn trees without fruit – twice dead, uprooted; wild sea waves, spewing out the foam of their shame; wayward stars for whom the utter depths of eternal darkness have been reserved.

Revelation 2:12-
To the Church in Pergamum
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write the following:
“This is the solemn pronouncement of the one who has the sharp double-edged sword: ‘I know where you live – where Satan’s throne is. Yet you continue to cling to my name and you have not denied your faith in me, even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was killed in your city where Satan lives. But I have a few things against you: You have some people there who follow the teaching of Balaam, who instructed Balak to put a stumbling block before the people of Israel so they would eat food sacrificed to idols and commit sexual immorality.
In the same way, there are also some among you who follow the teaching of the Nicolaitans.
Therefore, repent! If not, I will come against you quickly and make war against those people with the sword of my mouth.
The one who has an ear had better hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
To the one who conquers, I will give him some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on that stone will be written a new name that no one can understand except the one who receives it.’

Just Say No Junkies are Madd Prophets, speculative, statistical "evidence based"- so- falsely- called Madd Prophets; Tyrants, wicked children, sons and daughters of satan himself. They have envious murderers in their hearts towards us, just like Cain

Jump:     Back to top