Link to us
|Tip of the Day|
| "Do you know who has been to your site? Without SiteMeter, a free web site tracking service that tracks visits, page views and visitors, we would not have been aware of visitors from such distinguished places as usdoj.gov (United States Department of Justice) or eop.gov (Executive Office of the President). Definitely information worth having."|
|click to see all tips|
| "Finding this site is a great encouragement. I believe Jesus is Christ based on reason and belive He is a God of reason and therefore believe that marijuana exists for a reason."|
|click to see all comments|| || |
by j. wallace
I know your answer might be biased sense I assume that you smoke marijuna but is it right to smoke marijuana? Isn't it a sin? Doesn't God say to never do anything to harm your "temple of God" (body) and to obey the law of the land?....please I'm very curious about this ...thanks alot -Joseph
Click here for discount prices on Computer Accessories and Supplies!
|This article sponsored by:|
Low Prices, Cool Stuff. Hard-to-find items.
100% satisfaction guarantee.
While there is much that I could say to respond to this, I will first yield to the words of Paul.
1 Corinthians 4
- I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
- My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.
- Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
- Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.
- For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?
1 Corinthians 6
- If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?
- Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?
- Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!
- Therefore, if you have disputes about such matters, appoint as judges even men of little account in the church!
- I say this to shame you. Is it possible that there is nobody among you wise enough to judge a dispute between believers?
- But instead, one brother goes to law against another--and this in front of unbelievers!
- The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you have been completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?
- Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.
- Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
- nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
- "Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything.
- "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"--but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
- By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also.
- Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!
- Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh."
- But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
- Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
- Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
- you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
The points that apply to your questions are these: 1. It is the Lord alone who has the right to judge me. Not you, not any human court and not even myself. 2. The fact that the modern day Christian culture believes that to use to the law to prevent people from doing things that they find unacceptable shows how defeated they really are. Using the law against people causes harm and love does no harm to its neighbor. 3. The use of destroying the temple, or the body is being used out of context. Jesus said that nothing that goes into the body can defile. Only what comes from the heart. In I Corinthians 6, Paul teachs that sexual immorality is the only sin that can destroy the body, because it is the only sin that does not come from outside the body. Thus the destroying the temple arguement, in reference to cannabis use, does not apply.
| ||Sponsored by:|
| Save up to 46% off Christian Books! Click here.
Christian music, magazines,
Bibles, books, audiobooks,
software, gifts & more!
Join the Fight, Join NORML
Help them, help you...
Do you need access to legal advice?
We can help...
Your text ad could be here! Click for details...